Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to Basics

To come up with creative hairstyles on your hair, you must be able to master the basics of specific hairstyles. Referring to my previous post, I introduced "Lauren Conrad's Headband Braid." This hairstyle is categorized under Hair Braiding. There are different types of hair braiding. Examples include:

  • Basic English BraidsThis is the most common braid and is quick and easy to create even on yourself.


  • French Braid
    It can be done in two styles, the overbraid which creates the classic woven appearance of a French braid, or the Dutch Braid (sometimes called an underbraid or inverted braid) which creates a braided rope that sits on top of the hair

  • Dutch Braid

Before attempting hair braiding at higher difficulty levels, master the basics, practice and keep on improving! It takes time to succeed because I've been there too. By putting what you have learnt into actions, it's only when you know you can get it done. :)

Some pictures of me and my friends on Hair Braiding. Enjoy!

DON'T STOP TRYING! if i can do it, so can you! =>

9 comments:

  1. Your DIY tips on hairdos are quite useful. I think many would appreciate simple tricks that can yield great results, like those shown in Ladies First on Channel U. I look forward to more of your posts as well as the results of your experiments/explorations. If you could point us to places to get certain accessories, that would be even better.

    You could also think of some posts for the gentlemen in our midst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love french braids. We can practice together if you want! And we can come up with more interesting hairdos. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverley here! I love your photos, they're so clear! Great examples :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always had problem doing French braids. I tried it but gave up halfway, heh. The video you posted might be useful in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like braiding my grandmother's hair. I don't like practising on my little cousins because they cannot sit still. :D & I love braiding! In secondary school, every time I had an overnight camp, the girls would come to me asking me to braid their hair :D fun! sense of accomplishment when you see all of them together with the same hairdo thanks to me. ;)

    Seventeen sometimes have a section on hairdos that are quite interesting to experiment with too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always tried doing the french braid but failed. Now, after watching your video, I know what went wrong.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you do guy's hair as well, we just might be surprised with what you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerwyn - Yes. i'll post up in the next post! keep reading all of you, thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete